CUSTOMIZABLE, COMPETITIVELY PRICED AUTO POLICIES THAT FIT YOUR NEEDS AND BUDGET
Whatever you drive, you need insurance for your vehicle. An insurance policy helps provide financial protection for you and possibly others if you’re involved in an accident. We provide customizable, competitively-priced auto policies that fit your needs and budget.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance provides protection against financial losses that can result from car accidents, theft, and other unexpected events. There are several different types of auto insurance coverage, including liability coverage, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage.
How is the cost of auto insurance determined?
Insurance companies use multiple variables to determine the cost of their insurance policy. This includes the driver’s age, gender, credit score, insurance history, driving history, and years of driving experience. The insurance company also looks at the accident rate in the area the driver lives in.
Even if a driver has a good driving record, having never gotten in an accident, their insurance costs may be higher than another driver who lives in an area with a lower accident rate. Typically, younger drivers pay more for insurance compared to older drivers with an established driving history.
What does auto insurance cover?
Auto insurance typically covers damages to your car and provides liability protection if you cause an accident. Different types of auto insurance coverage are available, and you can choose the coverage that best meets your needs.
Some common types of auto insurance coverage include:
- Liability coverage: This covers damages that you may cause to another person or their property in an accident. It can include bodily injury liability coverage, which covers medical expenses for the other driver, and property damage liability coverage, which covers damages to the other driver’s car or property.
- Collision coverage: This covers damages to your own car if you are involved in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damages to your car from events other than accidents, such as theft, weather, or vandalism.
- Medical coverage: This helps to pay for medical expenses for you and your passengers if you are injured in an accident. It is also known as medical payments coverage or personal injury protection (PIP).
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This covers damages that you may suffer in an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
A policy that covers the driver means that any car the driver uses is covered. This is useful when your primary vehicle is unavailable for whatever reason, or you typically drive different cars. As with any insurance coverage, make sure it applies to your situation and that you thoroughly review the policy.
Overall, auto insurance can provide financial protection against damages to your car and liability for accidents that you cause, as well as medical expenses if you are injured in an accident. It is important to choose an auto insurance policy that meets your needs and provides the coverage that you need.
Why should I get auto insurance?
In the United States, it is required by law to have auto insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Each state has its own minimum auto insurance requirements, which may include liability coverage for bodily injury and property damage, as well as uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Besides fulfilling the legal requirements for auto insurance, having insurance can also give you financial security should you get in an accident. Without insurance, you would be financially liable for the damages to your car, and the injuries suffered in the accident. In an at-fault accident, you would be financially responsible for the damages to the other car or cars involved in addition to the costs of the medical bills.
Bundle and Save with United Benefits
A United Benefits Specialist will compare rates to help you find the best coverage for you and your family. We provide customizable, competitively-priced auto policies that fit your needs and budget. Get in touch by filling out the form.
Get in touch with a United Benefits Specialist
Subscribe to Updates
Subscribe to be notified about webinars, product updates, and in-person events.